- Network: CDMA 800/1900 MHz
- Make/Model: Samsung Rant
- Data: 1xRTT/EV-DO (3G)
- Size: 4.5" x 2.1" x 0.7" (114.3 x 53.3 x 17.8mm)
- Carrier: Sprint
- Weight: 4.58 oz (130.4g)
- Display: 2.1” TFT with 172 x 220 pixels and 262k colors
- Form Factor: Candybar with full slide-out QWERTY
- Memory: Comes with 256MB microSD, expandable to 16GB
- Notable Features: killer QWERTY(!); 2 MP cam with mirror and video capture; Sprint TV, Music Store, and One-Click services; and it's only 50 bucks with a contract and rebate.
It's a godsend for mobile text/IM/email addicts; slide-out QWERTY is comfortable and requires about 60 seconds of adaptation; it's Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store capable; music plays in background; stereo Bluetooth; camera with video capture and night shot; photo caller ID; GPS; comes with extra back cover, complete with curly doodles; loads of fun.
Web browsing is low-priority; no dedicated music controls; background noise on Rant end can be problematic; more SD storage out of the box would be nice.
If you want to maintain contact along the way, the Rant you covered. Messaging is a monster that is easy to use. It supports Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store, and not surprisingly well in the department of multimedia, messaging phone. A video camera and some base effects make it the perfect accessory for shooting outside the updates or flirting with friends. With expandable storage and a focus on fun, the Rant is an explosion of mobile perpetual.